Sunday, July 23, 2006

The Ocean's Cure

 

I can not believe how fast this summer is moving along... We haven't done much of anything, which explains why I haven't had much to write about lately.  I've been enjoying being home and taking time out to do some fun activities with my girls.  This is the first summer we haven't gone away for a week's vacation, for numerous reasons.  We are however venturing out for a three day trip to Maine this coming weekend, which I am SO excited for.  I simply have to be near the ocean during the summer, even if it's for just a day.  The feelings and emotions that the ocean provides me will last for days!  I'm hoping that since we are only staying a short time that it will allow for some extra money to be put aside for a whale watch cruise or some deep sea fishing!  Even though being in a boat way out in the middle of ocean is a bit frightening to me (much more so in recent years), it is also a reminder of how small we really are, and how incredible it is that we are here.  To look out and see forever, feel the soft warmth of the ocean breeze, and watch the sun set over the horizon is simply the way to an inner peace that is much needed in my heart these days!  I cannot wait to walk for miles along the shoreline, look for the most unique shells or sea glass to add to my collection, build the biggest sand castles with my girls and to just feel the tranquility... and to be reminded of all that I have in this world to be grateful for.  ::smile::

I sincerely hope you are all having an enjoyable summer, spending time with friends and family throughout.  Whether it's the annual summer barbecue, an afternoon by the beach, relaxing picnic, or just a quiet day home with loved ones... enjoy it as much as you can!  These short summer months will not last as long as they should! 

 

 

 

 

 

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking myself how summer is flying by!  We aren't going to be taking a vacation this summer either, but I'm enjoying what little time off I have on the weekends - just being lazy, spending time with my kids, hanging out at the pool.  It seems like summers were really LONG when I was a kid!  :)

Hope you enjoy your trip to Maine.

Hugs,
Gwynn

Anonymous said...

Have fun on your vacation.
I am enjoying the summer. I hope you enjoy the rest of yours.
Gem :-)
http://journals.aol.com/libragem007/JournallyYours

Anonymous said...

Tell me about it!! I officially report back to school on August 8th! That is like two weeks away! The kiddoes start on August 14th. I knew this summer would fly by in a blink. I am usually excited and refreshed to go back, but I am not ready yet!!


Your trip to the ocean sounds simply marvelous! I am envious. It has been years since I have seen the ocean!
Angie

Anonymous said...

I really haven't done much this summer either. It's been a rough one. I hope you enjoy the ocean, I like the ocean also.

Anonymous said...

oh no...I am coming to New Hampshire and you are leaving!!! Enjoy your time in Maine; it will be nice to get away.
The summer is going way too fast...so enjoy what is left!! Have fun!!
Maria

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're going to be going off for a few days and enjoying the ocean!  As for me, and the summer?  I will be glad when it's over!  I don't like to sound ungrateful for what God gives us, but this heat is killing me!  That and my electric bill from running my AC!  These triple digit temps have got to go!

At any rate, this was a very nicely written entry, and just the thought of being out on the sea.. fishing or whale watching makes even me feel calm and relaxed!

I hope you have a wonderful time! :)

jackie

Anonymous said...

May the sun and sea refresh your soul and rest your heart.  Wishing you smiles and memories to last a lifetime.

Rob