My dear friend Jackie from Hope Floats has grilled me good this time! Thank you for some seriously thought provoking questions, Jackie! I probably could have put more effort into answering them, but I am nursing a real nice head cold at the moment, and I'm about to drift into la la land...
1. For $20,000 would you go for 3 months without washing, brushing your teeth, and using deodorant? Assume you could not explain your reasons to anyone, and there would be no long-term effect on your career. (you are not choosing one, you would have to go without all three).
Okay, this one was hard for me... I am a very clean person and it would take an awful lot for me to even go one DAY without even one of these three things. Before I became an as close as I can possibly be to being a single parent, I would have said, "Not on your life, mister!"
Unfortunately, my financial situation is in no way good at the moment, and I would do almost anything in the world (well now, I DID say ALMOST...) to be financially comfortable right now. To not have to worry about it all the time. To not have this tangled web of confliction over so many aspects of my life because of it. Money does not buy happiness, but it sure as heck helps. Yes, I would do it. Consider yourself forewarned...
2. What is the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
Physically, I would most definitely say the face. Every part of it. A smile that warms me. Gentle, honest eyes. Soft, kissable lips. I am also drawn to a man with whiskers... even if it's five o'clock shadow.
More than physical, I am drawn straight to a man who is outgoing yet a little shy, confident yet humble and not the least bit arrogant or self centered. I notice a man who laughs a lot and enjoys the outdoors. Okay, I am going off on a bit of a tangent here... Sounds like an Eharmony profile... LOL
3. Do you have nightmares, or happy dreams, or are you a non dreamer?
As a child, I had the most horrifying dreams every night. They were frighteningly real and I would often wake up absolutely terrified. It was very rare that my dreams would ever be sweet...
For years following a bad accident that my girls and I were in, I had reoccuring "accident" dreams for days at a time that had me waking in a cold sweat.
And last night I had a terrible dream... It involved the school where I work and terrorists, and that is all I'm going to say about that.
Not counting last night, my dreams are now almost always pleasant. It is there that I find peace.
4. Do you believe there is a Heaven and a Hell?
Yes, I do... The answer to this question is so involved it would take an entire entry and a half to fully explain my beliefs and the reasons behind them.
5. Do you have a lot of friends, or do you consider yourself to be a loner?
I have many friends. Do I see them often? Not really... Do I socialize on a regular basis? Not hardly. Do I have people I can turn to, if I am in need of a shoulder or someone to share pieces of my life with? Absolutely. And I, in turn, am there for them as well.
I think that being an only child, I have learned over a lifetime to enjoy myself and I am very comfortable in my own company. I enjoy gatherings with close friends, but I often find that I would rather bow out and spend time alone. Not sure if this is a good thing or not. Depends on the day, I guess. There have been times in my life, when I had many friends whom I considered family. Walking in and out of each other's homes without so much as a knock was accepted and even expected. I do miss this. I've withdrawn a lot in the last few years, from social interactions and closeness. By choice. But I miss it.
Now it is your turn!
1. Leave me a comment saying "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your journal with a post containing your answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!