Monday, May 30, 2005

Remembering...

Well, today is Memorial Day.  I fortunately do not have any family members in Iraq.  I do however know people who do, and I am thinking of them today.  I still am not quite sure why we went over there, but it seems now we must stay and finish what was started.  I support our soldiers, it's just so sad how many lives have been sacraficed. 

I am also thinking of those not in military who lost their lives, but not before touching mine.  There are many, one as recently as this past Wedsnesday.  I have faith in God and believe that He has a plan for everyone.  There are the questions that will never been answered until it is our time to go home.  It isn't meant for us on earth to understand why some have to go so young.  So untimely are the friends who pass as children or young adults.  Shouldn't we all be given that chance to live a long life?  Why not?  Again, questions that aren't meant to be answered now...It just will never seem right to me.  A little girl with so much life ahead.  A young mother who's children need her.  A man engaged to his baby's mother, finally making things right for himself...Oh, it's hard to keep the faith.  But deeply I feel that the reason is there somewhere in the clouds.  I feel it in the wind and the sun shining on my face. 

"I'm already there

Take a look around

I'm the sunshine in your hair

I'm the shadow on the ground

I'm the whisper in the wind

I'm your imaginary friend

And I know, I'm in your prayers

Oh, I'm already there...."

God bless.....

No comments: