Sunday, June 5, 2005

Funky Facts About Me

In an effort to inform my few readers about myself, I have decided to write some funky facts from my past and present!  So here goes....

1.  I am an only child, but I had a foster sister when I was 6 and have always wondered how she is now.

2.  I was a tomboy, prefering to dig worms, fish, climb trees and play football with the boys to dolls with the girls!

3.  The summer before 10th grade I dyed my blond hair coal black, shaved it in back and spike the top.  I wore funky clothes and scared my entire school.  (Small town preppies in the 80's were not used to this type of behavior.)  I lost a lot of friends, but stayed this way until my senior year when I went back to "normal"!  I LOVED my look and wouldn't change a thing (even though I admittedly get nervous when I walk by these "punks" in the park with my young impressionable girls!!

4.  Interesting jobs - live in nanny at 19,  singer in two bands in early twenties.

5.  I am married, 9 yrs this month, and we have 2 beautiful girls ages 8 and 11.

6.  I love my work with special needs children! 

7.  My favorite musical artists are Martina McBride, SheDaisy, and Rascal Flatts (Major Country Buff)

8.  I have 2 cats, 2 fish and a hamster

9.  My all time favorite movie is On Golden Pond

10. Favorite color- Purple

11. Favorite food- Seafood

12. Biggest pet peeve- negligent drivers (drunk or otherwise)

13. Favorite thing to do on a spring/summer day- curl up with a great book outside under a tree! (while my girls play happily, with no fighting for at least 10 mins.)

14. Summer plans- breathe deeply, get moving and lose this weight, swim...DISNEY!

15. Write more!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi There! Let me be the first to welcome you aboard. Jounal land, as we call it, is full of wonderful people. Before you know it you'll be having lots of new readers. You can count on me to come back again. Thanks for visiting my journal. I invite you to read my Story journal. Have a TERRIFIC evening.
-Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK
         http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/THERESTOFTHESTORY