Sunday, June 26, 2005

Well, camp last night turned out to be much better than I had predicted.  One family of 6 had the flu, so unfortunately, they couldn't make it.  The rest of us had a wonderful time together.  We followed our friends up to their land ~ I had no idea what I was in for.  It was just what I needed.  We kept going and going up this windy hill.  The mom in front of me had her sports car, apparently she had no clue as well.  FINALLY, we reached the destination and WHOA!  They had cleared out trees and planted grass seeds last year and the view was incredible.  I plan to post some pictures as soon as sportscar mom emails me some.  The sunset was unreal.  After pitching the tents and getting organized for the night, we went swimming at nearby pond and then headed back to camp for dinner.  Hot dogs, burgers, every kind of salad, all the usual BBQ works...then the kids got to hitch a ride on a wagon hooked to the one dad's fourwheeler.  (He ended up being the only dad there, so the girls and I didn't feel so bad.  Besides, Mr B was busy installing our AC and we got to come home to a nice cool house....:o) )  Later that night we played games and had a huge bonfire.  We roasted marshmallows and made samores.  The stars were intensely bright and IT DIDNT RAIN!!!

Now we are home and  the girls are impatiently waiting for me to take them to the pool.  I may add a new entry later....I feel I have more to say, but alas, duties await!

Hope you all are enjoying your weekends as well.  Peace and love, Michelle

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds like you had a fantastic time. My hubby and I are lookin forward to going to the coast soon. Barbecue coming up. Take care.
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

My fiance's family has a cabin up up in the mountains and I used to love to go up there until, due to my health, I had such a hard time breathing.  I'm looking forward to getting better and better . . .   I am a little better today . . .  I loved your description of the night sky, I think that is what I miss most, the shooting stars, and the inevitable stories of childhood ~ camping trips, hay wagon rides, sleigh rides, and on and on.  I WANT TO GO!  LOL!  We have a big swing and we plop down with the dogs after dinner and talk and talk and usually . . .  under the big night sky, I gently nod off . . .

http://journals.aol.com/cyndygee/TheRealWorldofcyndygee

Anonymous said...

Hi, Michelle...Wow sounds like a full family day..hmmm...why do I have the certain desire to eat a hotdog? lmboooooooo..~FLAVA~