Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Disney Thrills and Chills (continued)

I have finally gained enough energy back to actually sit up to the computer and write about our trip.  It took a couple days to recoupe.  What a week it was!  If any of you have been to Disney and spent a week or more with the Magic Your Way passes, you know what I'm talking about!  I must say, it was the most exciting vacation we have ever had. 

My phobias seemed to disappear as we started off.  I allowed myself to relax and take in the flight through the clouds.  We flew on Song which is an airline through Delta.  It's supposed to be low airfare.  Well, it was, as far as the tickets went, but then you had to pay for any meal or snack you ate and the movies were pay per view.  Five bucks a pop!  So that was interesting....

Our hotel at Disney All Stars Movies Resort was great.  The pools were very cool with a Mickey Fantasia Fountain and the food court was pretty affordable.  The only thing I was annoyed about was the noise level at 2:00 am when people were just coming in from the Parks after the magic after hours.  Or when the bars closed.  OMG.  It was hard to get any sleep.  The last night, we had to be up at 3:30 to leave and catch the bus by 4:30.  We finally had the girls settled in and we all went to bed at 9:30.  Well, at 11:30 a group came home from I can only guess, and sang "ANCHORS AWAY" at the top of their lungs for about 1/2 an hour.  I never went back to sleep.  I have to say, that is the most frustrating thing ever.  I feel for anyone suffering from insomnia on a regular basis...

We went to Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, MGM Studios, Downtown Disney and Typhoon Lagoon.  We loved MK and Epcot the best.  Typhoon Lagoon was also a huge hit, with the wave pool.  That was amazing.  The waves were bigger than the ocean.  It was nice because every year we have gone to NJ shore and we were missing the ocean this year.  All the waves and no salt, sharks or seaweed in your suit.  Had to hold on to the ole' suit though!

Well, it's good to be home, and we have lots of memories and pictures.  I went a bit camera happy and shot over 150 photos.  I obviously won't be able to share them all!  I could go on and on, but I won't....the girls are buggin' to go swimming.  'Til next time.... :) 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time!! I havent' been to Disney Land since I was a kid. I vaguely remember Epcot. That is a bummer about the hotel with all of those loud people. I would have called the front desk and complained right then and there!! I guess I am a party pooper, but time is precious on a vacation and so is sleep!!!