Tuesday, December 20, 2005

I took a personal day today.  I was looking for some quiet time for myself, to start and hopefully finish all my holiday shopping and wrapping.  This chore now complete, I can take a moment before the girls get home from school to touch a sad note in this journal of mine today.

Growing up, my parents had a very full social life.  I basked in their much apprecitated popularity, seeing I was not a "queen bee" myself...nor was I a "wanna bee", I just simply had a wonderful small handful of various friends.  I did however enjoy, as I got older,say, 11 -12 years old, going with them to their friends homes, especially the "Jones's".  Mind you, these were not always your kid-friendly visits.  There was always quite a bit of drinking, smoking and very loud music.  But on occasion, there was the softer, more relaxing times at the pool and dinner parties... I never felt uncomfortable there, as there were always lots of hugs, happy people and more "popular" kids to hang out with. 

Well, as time went by, I grew up and my parents did not go to the Jones' house very much at all anymore.  They grew apart, I suppose, and the partying got to be a bit much...I always kept these friends in my heart though, and they have always been at every major event in our families lives.  "Bill" passed away a couple years ago, and "Jane" allowed herself to move on, run the family business and remarry a nice young gentleman...

But on Sunday we got the news that Jane is in the hospital.  She has lung cancer and wasn't expected to live more than a couple months.  This morning I recieved word that she may not make it through the day...

I have a tightness in my throat today, thinking about you Jane...I am so sorry that this has happened to you.  You knew.  I know you did, and you didn't want anyone to go through this with you the way they did with Bill.  You were always my favorite, growing up, even with all the differences.  You were there for anyone who needed you.  You were the rock for your family when Bill died.  I am so sad today, but soon you will be suffering no longer and He will take you home.  May God be with your family as they stand with you now, and as they go on without you...they will be alright.  You've taught them well.  Remember, he decorated your life, and he will be waiting to dance with you again to angel's songs...

 

Just needed to let that out today.  Thanks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sad about Jane, but what a precious entry you wrote. Bless you, hon.
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with you today. It's a wonderful thing, when we can look to our sides and see the people who made such a difference in our worlds.

Take care friend,
Rebecca Anne