Sunday, April 10, 2005

Bridgette' Journal interview game

This is an idea from Bridgette's Journal.  She started an interview game in J-land where a fellow journal writer can just ask away.  The following is my interview questions and the rules of the game if you are interested....

 

So, here goes, starting with the rules because every game has got to have them you know.  Leave me a comment saying "interview me".  The first five to leave a comment requesting to be participants will be interviewed.  I will respond by asking you five questions.  You will update your blog/site with the answers to the questions.  You will include this explanation and off to interview someone else in the same post.  When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.  (Write your own questions or borrow some) Fun and easy, right?

1. What inspired you to start a journal on aol?

Well, I have always been a journal/diary writer ever since I was in grade school.  I recently bought this PC after a long absence from the internet.  I did not have aol before and when I stumbled upon the journals I thought, hey this is really a fun way to get some thoughts out there and meet some others both like myself and not like myself.  My husband works crummy hours and I thought I might make some new friends as well...

2. What advice would you give to a new mom?

Try to relax.  Don't be afraid to ask friends/family for help.  Sleep when the baby sleeps.  Get out in the nice weather as much as you can.  I have always been a firm believer in not letting my children cry when they were babies.  I know a lot of people disagree with this method of "spoiling" a child, but I truly feel it was the beginning of our trust building.  They are only babies for a short time....why not hold them, coddle them, "spoil" them?  (other than the whole sleep idea which can be a problem when the baby can't get themselves to sleep....)

What is your greatest accomplishment?

This has to be my kids.  And it's far from over.  So far, I think I have done a pretty good job at raising my girls in this crazy world.  I am for the most part the soul caregiver - not to lessen their dad's care, but he works these awful hours 11am-10pm  and he works weekends...so I am the do all mom.  I have my weaker moments, but I feel the girls are growing into wonderful young ladies and I am trying my best to do right by them.  They take the credit, but I feel most confident when I'm doing the Mommy thing.

4. If you won an enormous amount of money in a lottery, what would you most want to do with it?

That's hard.  Finances have always been a particular difficulty for us.  I know I would want to give back to our church, which helped us out when my husband broke his back 2 years ago and was out of work for 4 months.  I would give some to Special Olympics which I have interest in because of my occupation (special ed. paraprofessional) and I would give some to research for Alzheimer's Disease which is slowly taking my nana from me.  I really have a dream to own our own home someday so my kids can have their own yard, a dog...the usual.  So I have to say I would buy a home!!

5. Above all, what else would you want people to remember about you?

I would want to be remembered as the kind of person who cares about others.  That I was dedicated to my family and that I loved working with kids who faced great  challenges in life and that I could help them overcome them.  I love that I mean so much to my students that I am blessed to work with.  I love that they run to me from across the playground and hug me tight like I am their best friend.... It makes those moments of struggle all worth it!!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear ina i have watched you grow into a wonderful person and Mother ur my best friend  neat journal

Anonymous said...

Great interview! I think your answers speak volumes about the type of person you are, which is wonderful.
Rebecca