Thursday, November 30, 2006

On the Mend

I've been home for the last couple of days, trying to let this cold of mine make it's way through my system.  I'm feeling better this evening, despite a lingering headache from all the coughing I've been doing!  Hopefully I'll be ready to go back to work by morning.  I miss not being at school. 

One thing I am excited about is that I managed to purchase tickets for a concert that my girls are going to just flip out over.  If you have very young children, you've probably heard of The Cheetah Girls ~ a teen pop sensation that is also a popular movie on the Disney Channel.  I've been trying for weeks to get tickets without any such luck until today.  I finally got through and managed to snag 3 seats in the highest section of the Verizon Wireless Arena.  I plan to tell them as soon as they get home from basketball practice.  They will both be elated... I can't even tell you how much they both love this music group, and this will be their first concert experience.  I actually like a few of their songs myself, and I am looking forward to going.

Snow is (hopefully) on it's way.. Maybe even by tomorrow.  Today was very warm and sunny ~ and that was nice too, but now I'm more than ready.  I hope we get a foot.  I do love snow.  I love the way it smells.  It's so beautiful.  I need snow to really feel the Christmas spirit the way I like to feel it.  I hope to take the girls to La Salette this weekend to see the lights.  The true full effect isn't felt (at least for me) until there's a substantial amount of snow on the ground.  The lights are simply breathtaking ~ people travel from all over to come see the display which takes up a whole hillside.  Santa is there and tells the story of Christ's birth, choosing children to play different parts.  My girls have somewhat outgrown this part ~ it's mostly for ME!  I will hopefully get some nice photos as well.  Here is a website that shows photos of the Festival of Lights: (sorry, I still haven't mastered the fast linking yet ~ hopefully this works)

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1147416794055696190FAiLLx

Wishing you all a happy and healthy day!

 

 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will check out that website right now..

Glad you enjoy everything about the snow!  Me... I am just enjoying the fact that we are having decent cool weather here in sunny Southern California.

I hope you feel better, darlin!

hugs
jackie

Anonymous said...

I have not heard of that group but i hope you all have a WONDERFUL time!! I can not stand snow but they say it is on the way. Have a happy weekend.
love,lisa

Anonymous said...

hi, i was just passing by journals, and i saw yours. so i stoped by to say a quick hello :D come by mines anytime you want. bye


_DiamonD_