Sunday, November 19, 2006

Random Thoughts

Quiet moments seem to come along much more rarely these days...  and I have learned to take full advantage when they do.  I have my music surrounding me, my favorite candles lit and the laundry is done... so life is good.

I haven't posted in over a week, and as I look at my comment number decline, I fear I've lost some readers.  I simply haven't had the time or the inspiration lately and when I've had one, I haven't had the other!  

With the holidays fast approaching, I am finding it a little easier to stay focused on the positives in my life, and take moments to pause and to feel all that I am blessed with.  When the girls are at each other's throats, or something else is disrupting the peace, I am able to close my eyes and feel much more at ease with it all.  Oh, I know that the holidays are often stressful, and I too, struggle to keep up with the hustle and bustle of it all.  But that is such a small part of it.  I prefer to see and feel the over all grand scheme of things lately.  I find it easier to see all that I am blessed with, feel within my heart all the warmth that is in my life, and to know that I am really okay.  That is enough sometimes.  There are so many people out there, many of you included, as I have been reading lately, who are just not okay at all.  I continue to pray for all of you, and keep you all in my thoughts and in my heart.

I'm looking forward to a short, two day work week!  We'll be visiting my parents for Thanksgiving (just a 25 minute drive) and spending much of the time just being home and relaxing.  After this week, we'll be juggling two basketball schedules as well as all the other activities that keep us busy, so we need to take this time to just be still and enjoy the quiet moments while we can!

Some additional lyrics have sprung to mind as I write this.  My daughter loves Billy Gilman, and I especially like this simple, yet rather fitting song:

There's some things I know to be true
Snow is white, andthe ocean is blue
Rain is wet, when it falls from the sky
And the stars come out every night

And just as sure as the sun will rise
This love is real, you see in my eyes
Plant a seed and it will grow
Some things I know

There's some things in life I need
Water to drink, air to breathe
A place to rest when I need sleep
When I'm hungry, food to eat

As sure as I need the Lord above
That's how much I need your love
And I need shelter from the cold
Some things I know

There's some things in life I want
To be thankful for all I've got
A friend to talk with, a hand to hold
To still be young when I grow old

And I want all my dreams to come true
And I want to share them all with you
And I just had to tell you so
Some things I know

Hugs and blessings to you all.

 

 

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet entry....you have a Happy Thanksgiving too.

Nancy

http://journals.aol.com/nhd106/Nancyluvspix/entries/2006/11/19/is-this-working-i-hope-so/1317

Anonymous said...

Michelle, you will never lose me as a reader!  I love you and your journal, and your entries are always thought provoking..

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family, and may peace surround all of you!

Blessings and love

Jackie

Anonymous said...

You'll never lose me as a reader......your words always give me comfort....you are such an inspiration.
HUGS, lisa

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your getting the rest and peace you need.  Candles, Music and the laundry is done?  You are lucky.  Thanksgiving at you parents gives you a break.  Not alot of stress going to moms.  Have a great Thanksgiving:)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

I'm still here, just keep running short on time to comment in journals most nights.  I do still read them and keep up with what's going on though.  Sounds like I need to follow your lead and stop and smell the roses for a few minutes.

Greg
http://journals.aol.com/radar446/PhotoTrek/

Anonymous said...

You were my first friend here in J-land so you will never lose me!!!! Although I am very jealous that all your laundry is  done.
Maria