Saturday, June 24, 2006

Giving Thanks, Sharing Hopes

I've decided to repost this photo.  I deleted the entry I had originally posted it in after Journals Editor Joe informed me that the reason my journal was so wide was because of the Horoscope header that I had in that particular entry was too many pixels... (THANKS JOE!) 

The reason I'm sharing it again is simply that I love it.  I do not have a gift for photographing or capturing great beauty, but when I got home from the balloon festival and loaded my pics on the pc, I was really happy with this photo... it's easy to gaze into the sunset and simply float away.  Something I have been neglecting to do as of late.  Maybe I will make this my desktop photo as a daily reminder.  Better yet, I could simply look right now out my window... 

Today was better than yesterday, though still struggled at times with various thoughts and emotions.  I'm better this evening, so I suppose I should be grateful that I can snap out of it for moments here and there.  If it was ongoing, I'd know I would need to do something... I'm also realizing that a part of this may even be the Thyroid disease that I have.  I'm on a very high dose of Synthroid to keep my levels low so that my hypothyroid stays in control.  When I slack on taking it, even for a couple days, my levels soar to over 30.  The worst it's been is 48, which I know I've mentioned here before normal is between 3.5 and 5.  but it's something I have to really watch.  And I haven't been.

Anyway, today has been somewhat better, and I'm okay about last night's entry.  My journal is called Reflections because there are many things to reflect upon in my life.  As in everyone's life.  The key is to not miss a single one.  It's all part of what we need to see to move on.  Sometimes it's hard to look at, hard to face... but truth, it's there staring back at us.  At me.  At you.  

A HEARTFELT THANK YOU, for all who commented here and emailed me personally.  I am truly blessed to have all of you as friends.

Michelle

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you got yourself out of that slump you were in yesterday.  I'm glad you're feeling better today!

The pic is beautiful!!

Jackie

Anonymous said...

It's not always easy to find the SUN when we're in a slump, but you managed to do that. GOOD FOR YOU!  I love the picture in this entry. Sunsets are just so beautiful.
Bless you, hon.
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK
        http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/THERESTOFTHESTORY
'        http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HOPEFORTODAY

Anonymous said...

I love that photo too, it's just beautiful. I'm happy your doing a little better, now don't forget to ever take your medicine. I mean it. Hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

glad you are feeling better Michelle!!!
Maria

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!

I sure hope you are feeling better soon!!  {{hugs}}

Lori

Who I am… underneath it all:  
http://journals.aol.com/scotthlori/DiscoveringMe

My Spiritual Journal:  
http://journals.aol.com/scotthlori/PreciousMetal

just breathe … {private}





Anonymous said...

Michelle, I haven't been able to capture the sunset like you did... none of mine equal to the rich color your photo is showing... what a peaceful treasure to keep in your journal. I hope you start feeling better... sounds like you had a few moments today.  You are right, it is hard sometimes to reflect... now that school is out, you can relax a little bit. Time to recharge, refuel, and reflect. Oh yeah, rest and reorganze! I'd say recuperate, but that's the term the military use, and it's not like we go into battle in the classroom, so it has negative connotations! Reorganize is good. love, bea