Thursday, June 8, 2006

"Be Still...."

My friend Barb has two very inspiring journals:  Hey, Let's Talk, and Hope For Today.  She has been a favorite read of mine for quite some time... she writes uplifting, thought provoking, and sensitive entries... some centering quietly around God, and his power in our lives, and some centering around life.  Or love. 

 Her latest entry was especially inspiring to me today.  I wanted to one, link you there:  http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HOPEFORTODAY/entries/36/  and two, touch on the subject myself. 

I often forget, in this busy life, to stop and just let myself be still.  Okay, so every day, I do take a moment here and there to "be still" and feel at peace.  But to really take more than just a moment in time.  Feeling at peace, and feeling God's love, and letting all my worries just slip away into His hands.. I have to admit, I usually save this for Sunday mornings...  mostly my prayers are those of thanks.  I don't feel right if I don't say thank you, for keeping my family safe, healthy and comfortable.  Taking even more time to "be still" seems almost inappropriate! 

But it's a necessity, isn't it?  We all need to take the time, no matter what your thoughts are on the Holy Spirit, if any.  It's not only for those who pray.  Being still is for anyone who wishes to feel a quiet, peaceful moment in solitude, to just BE.  There are a number of ways of understanding what it is that we should do, or be, or feel...  when there is doubt, or indecision.  It can be felt in the gentle wind....or heard in the soft cry of a mourning dove.  It can be whispered in the crickets' song... or seen in the stars.  Go now, and take the time to be still. 

I also want to thank everyone of you who left such wonderful, thoughtful comments in my last entry.  I am truly blessed to have all of you as friends in MY life!  Wishing you a fabulous day full of love, happiness, and PEACE! 

                      

 

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your words invoke a blanket of gentle peace that calms and causes one to reflect, to rest the soul, to be still.  Thank you for the inspiration Michelle - may that same happiness and peace and love fill your own days as well.

Rob

Anonymous said...

it's always good to be still for a bit and reflect. I'll check out the journal.  Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I try to do be still as well...usually after everyone goes to bed...lol...but it does a soul good...hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

This is a great post, Michelle. It is so easy to see the sincerity and love that you write with, and being still is such an important message to almost all of us...every day.

Love,
Charley