Thursday, June 1, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

First of all, a quick update:  Amanda is on the mend with some good cough medicine and antibiotics, which hopefully will help if in fact what she has is bacterial.  They think it's probable that she has walking pneumonia... at least the walking part is good.  Also recieved a very positive email from her teacher, so hopefully she will be able to return to school soon and make up her missed work.  I was glad to return to work today, as it was our school's field day.  It was extremely hot and humid, but I was deemed "Picture Taker" so I had a very easy and enjoyable job!!

SOOOO, I thought I might post a Thursday Thirteen, for lack of something more profound to offer you.

It's a list of my thirteen favorite movies, not in any particular order... as you'll see, I'm a drama queen!

1. On Golden Pond

2. Legends of the Fall

3. Joy Luck Club

4. Dead Poet's Society

5. Titanic

6. Narnia

7. Steel Magnolias

8. North Country

9. The Notebook

10. Gorillas in the Mist

11. Mr. Holland's Opus

12. Dances With Wolves

13. When A Man Loves A Woman

I have soo many more favorites.  Share some of yours with me!

Wishing you all miles and piles of smiles....

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonderful movie favorites..I've seen most of them too, I haven't seen Narnia yet I heard it's good.
Glad to read Amanda is taking some antibiotic meds..I wish her well soon.
Gem :-)

Anonymous said...

I like alot of those movies...Glad to hear that Amanda is doing better...I will keep her in my prayers...Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Dead Poet's Society and Gorillas in the Mist are two fine movies that I had mostly forgotten about - thanks for the reminder!

Charley
http://journals.aol.com/cdittric77/courage

Anonymous said...

i hope amanda gets better i kno having pneumonia isnt good i get it all the time but im immune to it now that and acute chest syndrome i just get my medicine and go about my biz lol. But my friend passed from it and i never thought someone could die from it since i always kept and my brother and we kept on moving.

Anonymous said...

I have only seen a few of those movies. I have to watch more movies. I hope Amanda gets better soon.

Anonymous said...

Glad Amanda is feeling better, and it didn't turn out to be anything more serious!  Some of my favorites are the same as yours: Legends of the Fall,  Titanic, Steel Magnolias, The Notebook, Dances with Wolves, Brokeback Mountain, First Knight, Ghost, French Kiss, Paradise, Somewhere In Time, Benny and Joon.  Gosh, I could go on and on! lol

Hugs,
Jackie
http://journals.aol.com/siennastarr/Waitingtoexhale/

Anonymous said...

Heyy Michelle:

Thanks for the nice comment on my journal and for the well wishes, I really appreciate it alot.
You have a great looking journal going here, I enjoyed it, and hope Amanda is continuing to get better and better by the minute.
Thanks again
Stop by again soon
Jeff

Anonymous said...

so glad Amanda is feeling better.
I LOVE "On Golden Pond"....
and I cried my eyes out from the very first moment of " The Notebook" right thru to the end.
two of my all time favorites!!!
Maria