Sunday, June 11, 2006

Loss of an Uncle

Today has been a sad day, for a mixture of reasons... the only one I'm going to mention here is the one that lies heaviest upon my heart.  We found out late in the night that my brother in law, only 45 years old, passed away on Thursday... on the anniversary of my father in law's death.  It appears he had a heart attack, but at the moment it is really uncertain.  Unfortunately, that whole side of our family is on the west coast, and we are unable to be there to offer a hug or a shoulder.  I can only offer mine to my husband and my girls, who are very sad to have lost their uncle who they have barely gotten to know.  We had planned taking the girls to visit their family out in LA this August.. nothing set in stone, though, so I believe now their father will be traveling out on his own.  I just don't want to put them through another griefstricken week when they just went through Nana's death.  It would be so hard for them, especially Mailee, who feels every emotion as deeply as her mother, and cried for days about Nana.  She really never knew him, and hasn't spent time with her uncles and aunt since she was a baby.  Maybe I'm not making the right choice,  perhaps it's selfish, but I just want to keep them home with me...

I don't have a lot more to say today.  It's been tough on many levels, and I just wanted to post this for now.

"Live each day as if it were your last, because someday it will be..."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so very sorry about your brother in law. He's so young. I'll be praying for you and the whole family. I don't think your being selfish, the kids have already been through a lot.

Anonymous said...

Michelle!!
I am sorry to hear about your loss. I will be thinking of you and your family. I don't think you are being selfish. I hope your husband is handling it ok.

Anonymous said...

im sorry to hear about the loss stay strong

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your BIL has passed away at such a young age.  My thoughts and prayers are with you, Michelle..

Gentle Hugs,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

I am so very sorry to hear, Michelle.  I keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Rob

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry Michelle; I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
Maria

Anonymous said...

Hello, Michelle ... I'm sorry to hear about your brother in law.  Forty five is very young ... what a shame. I understand your feelings about your girls.  It is always a tough call, in a situation like this one.  You just have to follow your instincts, and do what your heart tells you is right.  Take care,  Tina

Anonymous said...

Michelle, I'm so sorry to hear of this loss. I hope your family is doing ok. Prayers are coming your way!

Charley