Sunday, August 19, 2007

After The Storm

Last week's storm brought some devastation to many folks in neighboring towns...  These photos were taken yesterday afternoon along the road to my parents house.  Thankfully, they themselves were spared the worst of it, and no one was injured, which was a miracle in itself.  Many homes were destroyed, as well as the camper in one of the images below.  Hundreds of trees were snapped in half or completely uprooted, power lines covered the roads and many were or are still without power.  It was a pretty emotional drive, and sure does bring to mind what many have to endure in the wake of a major storm.  This, my friends, is minor compared to some...

 

                        

                             

 

I've spent the last few days trying to clear my head and be free from the demons that lurk there..  There are issues that weigh heavily on my heart that are simply not for these pages, but I am finding my way, sifting through the fog and following instinct and trusting that I will be led to a more peaceful existence.  Looking back, I see how silly my "From The Mirror" entry was, and if I am to be completely honest with myself, my physical appearance really has very little to do with how I perceive myself.  I know that there is just so much more for me...  More than I have been allowing in, which just continues to eat away at me day after day after long and drawn out day.

I know I'll feel better, once I am back to work and feeling productive and purpose driven once again.  The Bell's continues it's journey through me, but I AM feeling some changes, and those changes have given me hope.  Perhaps that in itself is the message....

Change, hope, renewal...  and faith. 

I know God will bring me through this and all things... And that makes my heart smile.

Thank you for listening and for sharing this journey with me.  Thank you for bringing me along on yours.

Wishing you warmth and beauty ~ this day and always.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle,
I have grown to love your entries so very much.    You are a very special woman...and I sure hope to meet you one day.
Love,
Nance

Anonymous said...

Sure does look like they were doosy storms!  Wish we'd get some storms around here just for the rain.  Enjoy your Sunday.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Hi hon. I'm glad your parents were spared the most of it, and that the storm wasn't as bad as some have been. Regarding YOU: you are one special lady; filled with enormous courage. You have a heart as big as the outdoors, have reached out to many hurting people, me included. I pray for you each day, knowing that there are things hurting you that are just too painful to share. It is that way with me too, at this moment. But we have The LORD, and HE IS ENOUGH. As long as our focus point is upon Him we will be okay. I've never met you but love you with my heart.
Praying for you always,
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

that was a bad storm.  and it is good to hear you are noticing some changes with the bell's.  hang in there.  things will be better once you are back at work/
tina

Anonymous said...

We had a  bad storm here too. I am praying for you and for God to work His miracles on you ! Amen!
Love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

nature's fury is heartbreaking and reminds us again and again of how fragile life can be. I have ALWAYS live with an attitude that we only have one run at life and try to do your best and if i had not been abused and damaged, i would have done things so differently but i am not going to live with regrets. When i see destruction, i am reminded that life is rushing by.
I pray you are ok, mentally and physically. i love you,lisa

Anonymous said...

wow you all got a good storm too we had a little bit of that but nothing that bad
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

First of all your "Mirror" entry was not silly.  You were conveying how you were feeling at the moment, and those moments do mean something to us, as they are happening.  Those feelings were real, even if you have managed to come to terms with them today.  
I'm glad the Bell's is taking a turn for the better!  This too shall pass!  Count on it!

Hugs and love
jackie
http://journals.aol.com/siennastarr/Hopefloats/

Anonymous said...

There is nothing silly or nonsense about dealing with something that you otherwise wouldn't or shouldn't have to deal with. That entry was sad but at the same time uplifting. You allowed us to see you vulnerable, human. We all need moments to let our guard down and stand before the world a blank canvas. The world in general will fall all over themselves to fill your canvas. But it's you who make that canvas priceless, your words, your heart, your mind. I'm getting to know more of who Michelle is each and every entry of yours I read. I like the person I'm reading about , I've come to think of her as a very dear friend of mine. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

You are allowed to feel different things at different times and to look back on how you dealt with things and giggle.  You have been going through a rough time...not unlike the storm that caused the damage in the pictures.  Deal with things as you need to, whether it be here in j-land or privately looking in your own mirror.

Greg