Thursday, August 9, 2007

A Story

As she runs wild and free into the open meadow, wildflowers dance and bloom with the rush of her movements...  She feels the wind...  Oh, the lure of the powerful wind...  Pulling her this way ~ urging her that way.  Her heart races with anticipation. Her hair, long and wild, whips at her face as she springs forth to the open water...  Breathless, she cries out as she falls to the surface...  Time and again, she has come to this place.  Her heart filled with sorrow... Thirsting for hope.  Time and again, her hopes lingered on, as she searched in vain the vacant, murky waters for her heart's one desire.

She is still.  Her dark eyes aching with the need to see what is never there.... What will never be there...  She claws at the glassy surface, shattering her reflection, anger rising within her as she once again accepts all that cannot be.

As tears burn her eyes shut tight, she rests her head against the soft, damp moss along the water's edge.  She feels the warmth of a setting sun, gentle and consoling on her skin.  She allows her hopes to remain, as her fingers dance upon the watery stage...

Opening her eyes and rising up to peer one last time into the shadowy depths of the water, a single tear drop glistens as it slides off her cheek into her reflection below. 

Her eyes... Do they deceive her?  She croutches low, searching... hoping... and finally believing as the water mirrors the truth she has so longed to see.

Peace washes over her as she gazes with wonder at this beautiful sight...  The miracle she has waited a thousand lifetimes for... 

And with her wings, she flies free...

 

(Thank you, to Nancy, for the beautiful gift... and to Donna, for creating it)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty graphic and very nice story. Thanks for sharing.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

what a beautifully written story. This kind of story can give HOPE to others.
Love,lisa

Anonymous said...

Beautifully written.
Missie

Anonymous said...

((((((((michelle))))))))

I can't wait to get my strength back so I too can take off for the meadows with my camera....I miss being able to wander off on my own but my weakness and balance keep me from doing so at this point...but I'll get there..thank goodness I'm so damn stubborn! lol

XOXOX
Kim

Anonymous said...

That's really pretty. I'd love to get some inspiration like that now and then. Nice to look into someone's heart once in a while.

Anonymous said...

Michelle.... from what I just read, it sounds a bit like you are spreading your wings and becoming the beautiful butterfly that you are!  At least I hope that is what it means.  This made me think of a song, which in turn made me think of you.  I am sending it to you via email...

Love you
jackie

Anonymous said...

That was wonderful, you are so talented~
Beautifully written!
Marie

Anonymous said...

Ok Michelle, you'd better stop amazing me or I'll have to travel on over to you just to give you a hug in person!
Well done...truly well done.

Love,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Hauntingly Beautiful! Neve stop searching for what gives your heart flight. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I really, really liked this!
Lori