Friday, August 3, 2007

Sincere Thanks and Appreciation

First and foremost, I wish to sincerely thank each and every one of you ~ known and unknown ~ who have visited, commented, emailed, thought of and prayed for me with regard to my previous post and unsettling news.  This whole thing really has thrown me for a loop, but it is certainly nothing to wrap my entire being around.  I'm trying to relax and rejoice in the fact that it isn't anything worse and will more likely than not, find it's way out of my system in due time.

My symptoms are fullfledged at this point.  I am unable to pronounce words properly, which really messes up and cancels out the job I was to start on Monday.  I can't very well assist a nonverbal child with his communication challenges when I have one of my own!  Eating and drinking are major chores ~ which may be a good thing by the time this blows over!  I may reach my weight loss goal yet!  I am taping my eye shut at night, and keeping it protected with my trusty pirate's patch.  It becomes very irritated at times and vision becomes blurry, but I use drops with is very soothing.  My hearing is hypersensitive...  a sudden drop of a spoon or a closed door is absolutely piercing!   I have a constant dull ache in my neck and cheek on the affected side, but NOTHING that is keeping me from going through my days with ease ~ and hopes for a speedy recovery are neverending. 

I have an appointment this afternoon to meet with an acupuncturist, which I've been hearing is very beneficial.  He was very excited when I told him what my ailment was!  Excited to treat me, he so kindly corrected himself, as he has helped many Bell's sufferers in the past.  I've always been intrigued by acupuncture...  Hopefully it will be a treat rather than a bother. 

My follow up appointment with my Doc is set for Monday, and we will obviously go from there.  There isn't much else to share, as this has been the primary focus of my life the last few days...  Amanda DID have a most wonderful time at camp, and is on her way to Soul Fest in Gilford as we speak, with the same group of friends and youth leaders.  Mailee and I will be spending the day together and will visit my mom later this evening for dinner.  My whole family is surrounding me with love and care and concern...  The most wonderful gifts a person could ever be given. 

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU, for all your support and well wishes!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're halfway to winning this little battle, with that positive attitude. I know it stinks, but it'll be behind you in no time. Feel better, good luck at the acupuncturist (braver than I am, for sure!) and let us know how you make out.

Anonymous said...

This has most certainly done a job of turning your life upside down for the time being. I can relate to the  Pronunciation problem. I sometimes have to work on that issue with being deaf. You would be amazed how easy it is to mispronounce  a word when you can't hear. Depending how long the Bells hangs around, if it seems like it may be for an extended period. Perhaps a Speech Therapist would be able to help. You amaze me with your strength and courage to hang in there.

On another note Thank You for your kind words in my own journal. They meant a lot to me! Don't ever worry about how much space you may take up dear heart. You may have all the space upon the pages of my journal you desire. I know your going through a difficult time right now. I'm keeping you in my prayers on the smoke. I'm an email away if you need to talk. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I'd say, stiff upper lip but somehow that doesn't seem right at this time. Keep the positive attitude and this too will pass. My significant other suffered from the same thing and recovered in no time at all. Thank God it wasn't a stroke! Keep fighting the good fight. Mike

Anonymous said...

You're welcome, again...Chelle.
I've been on both sides of acupuncture...the giver and the receiver.   It's worth it...even if it occasionally hurts.   Good luck...and do keep me posted.  (let me know if you want my friend's device).
Love,
Nance

Anonymous said...

i'm sure the doc finds it intriqing and a challenge to treat what ails you.....i am praying for you my friend.....you have such a positive attitude about it..please keep us updated!
LOVE,lj

Anonymous said...

I so hope that you will have a speedy recovery from all this...God bless you,
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

I hope that the visit with the acupuncturist goes well and that he will be able to give you some relief.
Lori

Anonymous said...

Michelle,
Sounds like you have all you need your family, love and faith. You'll be just fine I'm sure of it. I'm so happy that you don't let this stop you and you're right it could have been something very worse. Hope the appointment the acupuncture guy works and of coure the doctor appointment on Monday. My thoughts are with you.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

Man, this thing came on so quick.  I can't believe the extent to which it has affected you.  I am happy it sounds like you are continuing to keep a positive attitude.  Maybe since it came on so fast, it will run its course and be cleared up in a couple of weeks.  Maybe the acupuncture will do some good.  It is a good sign the doc is thinking he can help you.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.  Your positive and healthy attitude serve you well...

Dona
http://journals.aol.com/delela1/BlueSkiesandGentleBreezes

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you have follow ups with your doctor and seeing an accupuncturist. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

Gretchen

Anonymous said...

You will get through this, Michelle!  It's just another challenge that has been set forth, but you will sail through it!  You know my thoughts and prayers are always with you!

Much love
Jackie

Anonymous said...

My aunt had an attack like this.  It ws frightening but it eaventually cleared up.  Hope yours soon does, too.  Gerry http://journals.aol.com/gehi6/daughters-of-the-shadow-men/