Sunday, August 19, 2007

Sunshine On My Shoulders...

Two entries in one day is a rarity for me.

But this has been a rare day, so here I am once again...

It's a beautiful day here...  Very cool, but the sun has shined through for the most part and the chill in the air has an autumn feel to it that I kind of like, quite honestly.

The girls were out of town most of the day.  Their dad took them back to school shopping.  Mailee had never been to the Holyoke Mall in Massachusetts, so that's where he agreed to take them.  Unfortunately, the stores they visited mostly had clothes meant for a child my older daughter's age, and they didn't have a Limited Too, so she came home with just two shirts, one pair of jeans and jean capris.  Well, I say 'just' but that is more than she left with this morning.  And I can't forget the bathing suit she bought for her Build A Bear....  At least she didn't buy another bear.  Of course, their dad would willingly walk the circumference of the earth on a rainy day for both of them, so he's offered to take them BACK out tomorrow for another day of out-of-town shopping.

Yeah, he's not sooo bad.  ;o)

I enjoyed the day, quietly here, not so quietly there...  Went to lunch with my mom, which was a very nice treat.  I hadn't been out to eat at all since my face froze (::rolling eyes::), and I was so giddy with the aspect of having a meal prepared for me!  I had french onion soup, and I didn't even wear it home when I was through.  

We had a nice dinner with mom AND dad (another rarity) last evening... did I share that already?  After last night's dinner and fireside chat (yummy sa'mores) mom and I sifted through some of her yard sale items that have been hanging out in the garage for too long.  She had a partial chinaware set - absolutely beautiful - that she was willing to part with so that I might try to sell all or part of it on Ebay.  It's Royal Doulton China,  The Chatham Collection.  I've searched for it online, but haven't had any luck.  I figure, if someone has a partial set already and is trying to complete it... Well, it's a long shot, I know.  It's very pretty, so I wouldn't be broken up to keep it myself.  This is what it looks like, if you or anyone you know is interested:

It's really very unique...  Each "set" of plates, cups, bowls and saucers seem to have their own story to tell.  No design is exactly alike.  Very pretty.

I also found a set of stoneware plates, bowls, mugs and cups and saucers that I'm keeping all to myself!  I cleaned out a couple of my kitchen cupboards and made the quick change.  Still using Grammy's china, though...  I've been using it ever since I first unwrapped it from the attic when I moved out on my own in 1988.  More sentimental value than anything else that I own.

So it's been a busy day!  I enjoyed the online chat in the Journals Cafe' with a few others.  That was so much fun!  Would have been even nicer if more could have made it, but I was thrilled to see some familiar faces as well as meet a few new journaling friends.  ::wink::

The girls were swiftly whisked away by my friend Angela for the evening...  She begged and begged me to come, but I'm just not feeling up to it.  She and her girls went blueberry picking and are making blueberry pancakes for dinner...  I know, what the bleep is wrong with me?  I'm just too tired for visiting tonight. 

Holy crap...  (sorry Nancy! hehe)  My mom just emailed me a page from ebay that has my chinaware listed for  $2,400!!  I don't know much about chinaware, but that's a lot of money in my book!I don't have the whole set, but I hope someone who WANTS the whole set but doesn't have it yet will see my listing...  Good heavens!

Okay, I'm starting to ramble here...  Sorry folks.  I think I'll be visiting here more often as time goes on.  Finding a need for a better outlet in my life these days.  This is a place I feel comfortable, and a lot of emotion comes pouring out of me here at times, but it's all good.  Feeling is good.  Life ~ is good.

Hope you all enjoy a relaxing Sunday evening!

 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOPE YOU GET TO SELL IT!
This is your journal and is a good place to vent, to let lose, and also to ramble!!! We are here...
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

Hey Chelle,
It was wonderful seeing you in the chat tonight.  You're too funny!   Hey, could ya send me the link to your ebay site?   Just curious.
Glad you had a good day.   (But "no" to blueberry picking"?   Not sure about that, girl!    Anyway, it will be good to see you around more often.  
Love,
Nance

Anonymous said...

PS.
Sunshine on My Shoulders...one of my fave songs.

Anonymous said...

i hope someone sees your china....thats a good price.
I am glad your ex took the girls and will again......i know they will enjoy time with him. So glad you went out to eat too......i love to hear of you getting out and about.
LOVE,lisa

Anonymous said...

Don't know what Journals Cafe is? Glad everybody is back to school shopping and their dad is taking them. Good luck on selling the china I don't know anything about that stuff either. Yumm blueberry pancakes. Have a great day.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

did you try these websites??:


http://replacements.com/


http://www.royaldoulton.com/website/landing/index.jsp?bmLocale=en_GB&location=UK&rdaffid=gb_cj


www.royaldoulton.com

Anonymous said...

that is a neat set of china.  enjoy the day!
tina

Anonymous said...

That's a very pretty set of china! I hope you get what you want for it.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your visits here. Gives us a chance to catch up with one another (winks). I hope your able to get some worth out of the dishes. It sounds like they may be worth alot more than you might of thought to begin with. The girls father is a true sweetheart, taking them school shopping not once but twice. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

Hey 'Chelle, glad to hear Dad is so willing to help out with the girls, I know that takes a lot of stress off your shoulders.  Its also very good that he stays involved in their lives.  That really is a lot of money for some dishes...nice as they are.  I've always been in awe of China and silver.  Guess I'm just spoiled at the prices I pay at Wal Mart for an 8 place setting that covers everything.  Yeah...I'm all about status and material stuff.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Nice to read about a Dad who remembers his kids, and who gets some credit for doing so :)

And good luck with that Ebay auction. I hope someone is looking to complete a set, to your benefit!

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

We are feeling the chill of an early fall here in Idaho...I like it too!

I'm amazed at the price listed on eBay for the china and I think that's a lot of money too! Would not have expected that, at all. Royal Doulton is so pretty!

Dona
http://journals.aol.com/delela1/BlueSkiesandGentleBreezes