Monday, May 15, 2006

"and the rain, rain, rain came down, down, down.."

First of all, thank you to all of you who sent emails my way regarding the current flooding situations in NH.  It's really a mess and the governor has declared a state of emergency.  Thank God, we are not in an area that is underwater (at the moment!) but many in surrounding towns are.  It was still coming down pretty hard this morning, but right now the sun is straining to reach us through the clouds and the birds are singing.  It doesn't appear that this quiet in the storm will last for very long, though.  They are forcasting rain all stinkin' week.  I was so thankful to finally here from mom yesterday, knowing that her trip home from my grandfather's was going to be rather tricky.  They were awakened by firefighters at 5am to evacuate, as the dam was being watched closely and may be close to giving out.  The roads were completely flooded and she took gramps around the back ways to a friends.  Knowing she had to leave if she planned on being home any day soon, she left and what would have taken her 2 hours normally ended up taking 4!  I underestimate her sometimes.  For someone who refuses to dunk her head in water, she really dug in and went for it.  She drove through 2 feet of water that many drivers refused to pass!!  Don't worry, she heard it from me... I was not impressed.  Although, I was so very grateful to get the call that she was home.  When she reached our locally worse hit area, my dad was sitting by the road waiting for her to come by and he had her follow him through the woods on his 4 wheeler trail!  Those roads are still closed and so are the schools. 

Anyway, all is well... counting blessings, that's for sure.

I have more to write ~ need to get some things off my chest, but this isn't the entry for it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im glad your family is safe michelle its gettin crazy right now its pouring down here in philly and i guess we are just gettin the after affects.

Anonymous said...

So glad that you and yours are safe!  I will keep you all in my prayers!

Jackie

Anonymous said...

I am so  sorry...I had no idea...my computer has been so crazy...Hugs to you...you are in my thoughts and prayers..TErryAnn

Anonymous said...

HI CHELLE   YOU LUCKY  DEVIL GOD SENT ME HOME COME HELL OR HIGH WATER.   EVERYWHERE I WENT WAS BLOCKED   TO THE MOUNTAINS  I GO  AND THANKS  TO THAT LITTLE  GUARDIAN  ANGEL THAT NEVE LEAVES MY PURSE  LOVE  YOU  ALL SO MUCH

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize you were out there with all that flooding.  Glad you aren't underwater.
Lori