Friday, March 4, 2005

The beginning....

Well,  I guess it's time to get started.  My kids are finally letting ME online!  This is all new to me.  It's a little weird writing down a journal that any stranger can see.  I'm usually more hesitant than this when it comes to doing things like this, but I'm hoping I will meet some cool people.  I read a couple journal entries from others and thought this might be fun.  Ok., a little about me I suppose is in order!

I'm 35, married to a great man who works crappy hours which makes me lonely.  He's a cook and well, you know those restaurant hours...My girls are 7 and 11 and they are my life.  Everything I do is for them.  Which is probably why I need this. 

I work at school (K-3) as a Special Education Paraprofessional.  I love my job, the kids I work with, the rewards as well as the challenges....I love the hours that allow me to be with my own children.  Sometimes It's hard to come home, tho and have the same amount of patience that I have to have in my job!!  My past jobs include waitress, live in nanny, and singing in a band. 

I guess I don't haveto make this a tell all...I feel like I have to let people know me at least on a basic level and when I get used to this it won't sound so lame.  Please bare with me.  I may write more later after kids go to bed.  They are watching Disney channel right now.  Hubby won't get home til about 11:00.  I read a couple of inspiring journal entries about weight loss.  Maybe I will give this some thought.  I would like to get healthy!!!  I'm about 50 lbs overweight and feeling it. Errr.  BFN!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I hope you continue to write. I have had my journal for over a year now and it is very therapeutic to write down my thoughts, the best part of it is that strangers are reading, but those strangers become friends after awhile!
And again thanks for stopping by my journal.

Anonymous said...

Hi; Welcome to J-Land!!
V